The AMP2-E8-MDA monitors are the world’s first in-rack audio monitors capable of outputting or displaying encoded, multi-channel (up to 8 channels) audio from Dolby E, Dolby Digital, or Dolby Digital Plus, streams de-embedded from either 3G/HD/SD-SDI without prior Dolby encoding.
The ability to switch seamlessly between encoded or discretely embedded sources, in addition to providing full, simultaneous demuxed output of the multichannel source, offers a significant new operational capability in a single monitor unit.
These units feature 3 audiophile-quality drivers, and 3 power amplifiers; 2 speakers and amplifiers reproduce midrange and high frequency information in stereo, while a third amp/driver combination handles summed LF information below the 500Hz crossover point.
- Powerful 104dB SPL at 2 feet (0.6m)
- Excellent frequency response and low distortion
- Phase correlation display of selected channels
- Separate brightness adjustments for left and right level meters
- Eight 53-segment tri-color LED bar graphs display simultaneous VU and PPM
- Decodes, monitors, and plays decoded Dolby E, D, or DD+ bitstreams
- 4 presets let change the entire system configuration with the press of a single button
- Front panel summing of any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs