The BlueBox 3G/HD/SD-SDI/ASI reconfigurable video SFP transceiver with externally-accessible SFP module (BBG-SFP-SXH) throw-down converter unit is a new part of the Blue Box Group™ of compact, rugged, and portable converter boxes.
The unprecedented flexibility of a user-accessible, externally-mounted SFP module on a throwdown unit makes BBG-SFP-SXH easily configurable as transceiver/converter between coaxial and fiber interfaces. The external SFP cage (along with numerous SFP choices) makes BBG-SFP-SXH virutally obsolescence-proof. BBG-SFP-SXH also features a 3G/ HD/SD-SDI selectable input or output with SDI reclock copy and can convert SDI to HDMI. A convenience stereo analog audio de-embed output is also provided.
BBG-SFP-SXH can be configured using the device DIP switches or by using the intuitive BBGConfig GUI application that communicates with BBG-SFP-SXH over a PC's USB port. The GUI app allows dynamic configuration control, status display (including optical receive power where applicable), and other advanced control functions not commonly found on "throwdown" packages. When configured using the GUI app, the USB connection can be removed with all settings held in non-volatile device memory.
- Utmost in flexibility with external SFP cage, configure to numerous media and format types with a simple SFP change using industry-standard Embrionix™ SFPs
- Direct conversion to HDMI from SMPTE 259M, 292M and 424M SDI
- Powers directly from host equipment USB or standard corded power adapter, USB power and corded adapter can be simultaneously used to provide redundant power sourcing
- Configurable using device DIP switches or USB GUI remote control offering dynamic configuration control, status display and other advanced control functions not commonly found on throwdown packages
- Wide range of available state-of-the-art Embrionix™ SFPs supported, offering fiber and coaxial options
- Compact size and low weight design easily affixes directly to camera or host device chassis
- Convenient 2-channel analog audio output