The all-new Cobalt® BBG-1040-4x1-CS 3G/HD/SD-SDI Modular 4x1 Clean and Quiet Bypass Router with Relay-Protected Input and GPIO Monitoring / Control provides Clean & Quiet routing in a high-density standalone solution. The Clean & Quiet routing not only provides switching on the RP168-specified VANC switch line, but also provides audio cross-fade upon switches to provide video switches free of switching artifacts, and provides dead-quiet audio between switches.
Multiple SDI input ports allow manual selection of input, or failover to alternate inputs (Auto-Changeover) on loss of input conditions. Also included standard is closed captioning absence/presence detection that allows CEA 608/708 and line 21 SD CC absence or presence to be detected. Option +QC provides user-configurable Video Quality Event intelligent assessments such as black/frozen frame or audio silence. Video Quality or Closed-Captioning event status can independently be propagated for each event type as GPO, automated alert email, input routing changes, or user presets you can configure to provide any number of special actions such as routing changes or burn-in text alert messages.
Two discrete character burn strings can be inserted on output video, with each string inserted as static text and/or insert only upon LOS. Any of several standard test patterns can be inserted as an input LOS marker. A moving-box insertion can be enabled to serve as a dynamic raster confidence check even when the input video image is static. Timecode can be received and prioritized among any standard SMPTE embedded or audio LTC timecode, and in turn outputted and burned-in on the output video.
Preset save/load allows saving custom settings while allowing one-button revert to factory settings. Layered presets allow invoking changes related only to a specific area of concern (audio routing, for example) while not changing any other processing settings or aspects. The BBG-1040-4x1-CS uses a built-in web server that allows control/monitor over computers or smart devices from anywhere accessible over the web; no special apps or plug-ins are required for remote control (can also be remote-controlled using DashBoard™).
The compact 1/3-rack size of the BBG-1040-4x1-CS allows 3 units to be installed in a 1RU space (an optional mounting tray is available that provides secure mounting of the units to a standard 19” frame). GPIO allows direct input routing control and status monitoring.
- Clean & Quiet Routing ensures program video switches free from video artifacts and audio clicks or pops
- Multi-input, with manual selection or intelligent Auto-Changeover failover
- Closed-captioning absence detection
- Auto-Changeover can be set to invoke failover for basic input loss. Quality Check option (+QC) provides alert actions on criteria such as black/frozen frame, audio silence, and closed-captioning absence. Threshold and hold-off are user configurable.
- Moving-box/motion insertion enable serves as a dynamic raster confidence check even in cases where the input video image is static
- Dual independent burn-in text string insertion allows condition-based insertion (such as basic ID text for valid input and different text message for failover conditions)
- Input selection and status can be propagated via GPIO, serial, or IP interfaces
- Video options include color correction
- Low-power/high-density design – less than 18 Watts
- Compact footprint – up to 3 units in a 1RU space. Optional tray provides secure captive-fastener mounting of 3 units in a 1RU tray.
- Web-based user interface/remote control as well as front-panel pushbutton menu-based local control with LCD status/net ID
- Also controllable using DashBoard remote control
- Five year warranty