The all-new Cobalt® BBG-1002-UDX Multi-Input Modular Up-Down-Cross Converter/Framesync with Auto-Changeover and Character Burn provides a high-density standalone modular unit that offers unprecedented multi-input support, flexibility, and ease of use and integration. Multiple SDI input ports allow manual selection of input, or failover to alternate inputs (Auto-Changeover) on loss of input conditions. A Quality Check option allows failover to alternate inputs based on user-configurable subjective criteria such as black/frozen frame or audio silence. Two discrete character burn strings can be inserted on output video, with each string inserted as static text and/or insert only upon LOS. Import of user trouble slate graphics is also supported in addition to standard test pattern insert as an input LOS marker. A moving-box insertion can be enabled to serve as a dynamic raster confidence check even in cases where the input video image is static.
The up/down/cross convert scaler is specifically designed for broadcast video progressive and interlaced formats, with full ARC control suitable for conversions to or from 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Timecode can be received and prioritized among any standard SMPTE embedded or audio LTC timecode, and in turn outputted and burned-in on the output video. The BBG-1002-UDX-AV-EMDE model additionally provides analog video (CVBS) inputs and outputs, with AES and analog audio audio embedding and de-embedding.
The BBG-1002-UDX uses a built-in web server that allows control/monitor over computers or smart devices from anywhere accessible over the web; no special apps or plug-ins are required for remote control. The compact 1/3-rack size of the BBG-1002-UDX allows 3 units to be installed in a 1RU space (an optional mounting tray is available that provides secure mounting of the units to a standard 19” frame). GPIO allows direct input routing control and status monitoring.
- Multi-input, with manual selection or intelligent Auto-Changeover failover
- Up/Down/Cross Conversion and ARC specifically tailored for broadcast video
- Supports import of user trouble slate graphic file for LOS failover insertion
- Framesync with full H/V offset and manual/LOS video pattern generator. Framesync can also convert raster format between 29.97/59.94 and 30/60 formats. Rear-panel looping reference connectors.
- Audio options provide loudness processing, upmixing, and Dolby decode/encode
- Web-based user interface/remote control as well as front-panel pushbutton menu-based local control with LCD status/net ID
- Compact footprint – up to 3 units in a 1RU space. Optional tray provides secure captive-fastener mounting of 3 units in a 1RU tray.
- Auto-Changeover can be set to invoke failover for basic input loss. Quality Check option (+QC) provides failover on subjective criteria such as black/frozen frame or audio silence. Threshold and hold-off are user configurable.
- Dual independent burn-in text string insertion allows condition-based insertion (such as basic ID text for valid input and different text message for failover conditions)
- Timecode processing can prioritize, filter for, and convert between specific SMPTE embedded-video or audio LTC, with output/burn-in timecode using selected format
- Full audio crosspoint with delay control and 5.1-to-stereo downmix available for all audio outputs
- Video options provide CGMS support, color correction, and keying
- Redundant power supply option
- Five year warranty