The Cobalt® BBG-1002-2UDX 3G/HD/SD-SDI standalone dual-channel up-down-cross converter/frame sync/audio embed/de-embed offers two independent signal paths of up/down/cross conversion, frame sync, and audio embedding /de-embedding in a single unit.
The BBG-1002-2UDX provides high-density that offers unprecedented multi-input support and flexibility. Dual independent up/down/cross convert scalers are specifically designed for broadcast video formats, with full ARC control suitable for conversions to or from 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. AFD processing can detect an incoming AFD code and correspondingly set scaling and ARC to track with AFD. This processor also allows independent custom ARC to be applied for each incoming AFD code, and set the desired AFD code to be inserted on the output, even if there is no code detected on the input. Analog video (CVBS) input, with AES and analog audio audio embedding and de-embedding is also supported.
Audio embed adaptive SRC allows asynchronous 48 kHz AES audio to automatically sync with program video 48 kHz timing for glitch-free embedding. Individual, per-pair SRC auto-detects and disables SRC when a Dolby pair is detected on an input pair. Bulk and per-channel audio delay controls easily address lip-sync issues. Quality Check option +QC allows failover to alternate inputs based on user-configurable criteria such as black/frozen frame. Included standard is closed captioning absence/presence detection that allows CEA 608/708 and line 21 SD CC absence or presence to be detected, with event actions consisting of GPO, automated alert email actions, or go-to card user presets or other actions.
- Multi-input RP168 clean switch, with manual selection or GPI controlled input selection, path inputs can also be sourced from opposite path output with no external patching
- Auto-changeover can be set to invoke failover for basic input loss
- Quality Check option (+QC) provides alert actions on criteria such as black/frozen frame, audio silence and closed-captioning absence
- Threshold and hold-off are user configurable
- Up/down/cross conversion with user and AFD ARC specifically tailored for broadcast video
- Frame sync with full H/V offset and manual/LOS video pattern generator
- Pattern generator for each channel can provide raster/test pattern and patterns for LOS failover
- Timecode processing can prioritize, filter for, and convert between specific SMPTE embedded-video or audio LTC, with output timecode using selected format
- Advanced audio processing allows routing, gain, delay, and flexible mixing as standard features
- Full audio crosspoint with delay control and 5.1-to-stereo downmix available for all audio outputs
- Video options include color correction
- CVBS analog video input and analog/AES embed / de-embed with 4-line adaptive comb filter
- Pattern generator for each channel can provide raster/test pattern and patterns for LOS failover insertion
- Compact footprint - up to 3 units in a 1RU space, optional tray provides secure captive-fastener mounting of 3 units in a 1RU tray
- Remote control/monitoring via DashBoard™ software, OGCP-9000 remote control panel or web browser user interface