9970-QS 3G/HD/SD-SDI/CVBS Quint-Split Multi-Image Expandable Display Processor integrates five discrete 3G/HD/SD-SDI or CVBS inputs onto a single 3G/HD/SD-SDI quint-split output, with each input image being flexibly inserted into the output image area.
While the 9970-QS offers unprecedented flexibility, it also offers an unprecedented ease of use. Fully-flexible layouts using any of several one-button template presets or fully customizable layouts using easy to use sizing/positioning custom controls. Custom layouts can be saved to user presets. Any template layout or custom layout changes can be done "on-the-fly" in real time, without tedious setup compiler or layout programs like many other split/multiviewer products.
Multiple 9970-QS cards can be cascaded to provide splits greater than the base quint-split. The 9970-QS PIP5 input can be used in a cascaded chain of 9970-QS cards that provides multiviewer layouts of up to 8x8 (64:1). The QuickSet grid definer precisely and easily sets up a multiviewer grid where columns and rows of each of the cards PIPs are arranged to work together in a cascaded aggregate arrangement. Low-latency processing allows multiple 9970-QS cards to be cascaded without significant accumulated delays within the chain.
Advanced graphics such as user identify text, PiP input video format, audio meter bars, tally/UMD, reticules, and timecode can be burned into any PiP with full user attributes control. CEA 608 Ch1 text strings can serve as user text overlays, allowing direct closed captioning presence/quality compliance checks for up to 5 simultaneous video streams per card. User-configurable Quality Check allows subjective criteria such as black/frozen frame or audio silence events to propagate an on-screen alarm/alert to the output image (such as alert text burn-in or border alert highlighting).
A master output up-down-cross convert scaler provides scale-to HD or 3G SDI formats for the combined multiviewer output, which also includes an HDMI output (with audio embedding) to directly feed a wall monitor.
The openGear® card-based form factor of the 9970-QS provides scalable, easily integrated multi-image functions for the 20-slot frame form factor with easy to use DashBoard™ remote control. Each PiP input is provided its own independent timing alignment controls with lock to reference, allowing asynchronous inputs to be directly accommodated.
- Easy to configure PiP sizing, borders,reticules, audio meters, and character burn using one-button templates or easy-to-use, intuitive DashBoard controls
- Supports asynchronous video inputs with configurable output timing
- openGear® card-based form factor provides easy and economical integration
- Quad independent burn-in of CC, user identity text string insertion, and router source
- User quality criteria (such as frozen/black frame) alert/alarms can be propagated to output image with alarm text and border highlighting
- Audio routing directs selected PiP quadrant audio to combined-stream outputs. Audio downmixing also provided.
- DashBoard™ remote control status monitoring and setup/control
- Fully flexible input compatibility – mixed formats on inputs can be automatically sized and outputted in a combined output scaled to desired broadcast SD/HD/3G output format. Each input can be set for SDI or CVBS inputs.
- Low-power/high-density design – less than 18 Watts per card
- Per-PIP audio meter overlays
- GPI, Ethernet, and serial tally inputs provide border graphic tally indication
- Timecode reader can provide on-screen burn-in overlays
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI 2x DA and HDMI with audio embed outputs
- Five year warranty